- Select the Tools ‣ Query Designer item in the main menu.
Result: The Query Designer window appears:
- Drag the Repeats element from the Palette to the Scene.
Result: The Repeats element subunits are presented on the Scene:
Note, that by default minimum distance between left and right repeats is 0bp, the maximum distance is 5000bp.
- Slide the Repeats element subunits apart.
- Drag the ORF element from the Palette and drop it between the repeats.
Result: The ORF element is presented on the Scene:
- Find the End-Start constraint on the Palette:
And drag it between the left Repeats element and ORF.
Result: The dialog appears:
- Check that From equals to Repeats.left and To equals to ORF. Set Max to 5000. Press the OK button.
Result: The constraint has been added to the elements:
- Repeat steps 5-6 for ORF element and the right Repeats subunit.
Result: The schema looks as follows:
- Press the Run Schema button on the toolbar:
Result: The Run schema dialog appears:
- Browse for the sequence to analyze (the Load sequence field) and for a GenBank file to save results to (the Save results to field). Click the Run button.
Result: Both the sequence and the file with annotations are added to the current project. The sequence appears in the Sequence View window, for example: