To install UGENE on Linux:
- Download UGENE Linux installation package:
- Set the file as executable:
- Launch the file and follow the Unipro Setup wizard.
Alternatively, to use UGENE without installing:
- Unpack the archive. You can use this command:
- Change the working directory to the unpacked UGENE directory:
- Launch the UGENE GUI version using the command:
or the command line version using the command:
Several native packages for speciﬁc Linux distributions are also available. UGENE is a part of Ubuntu and Fedora Linux distributions. See the next chapter.