Ugene packages for different Ubuntu versions are available on the Personal Package Archives (PPA). To start installing and using software from the UGENE PPA do the following steps:
- Open a terminal and enter:
- Now, as a one-off, you should tell your system to pull down the latest list of software from ugene archive it knows about, including the PPA:
- Now you're ready to start installing UGENE:
- To install the non-free UGENE plugins do the following:
- To install the UGENE data do the following:
UGENE will appear in the applications list.