The following UGENE package delivery types are available on 64-bit Linux:
- Online installer: updates to new versions are supported
- TAR.GZ archive: does not require Internet connection to be installed
Other packages for older UGENE version are available on the web page http://ugene.net/download-all.html.
Information about native installation on Ubuntu and Fedora is provided below.
Installation using online installer
- Download the online installer file for your platform.
- Make the file executable - in the Terminal run "chmod +x installer_file_name".
Execute the file: "./installer_file_name". For example:
- Follow the installation wizard.
On a new UGENE version release, a notification will appear with an option to update the package.
Installation using TAR.GZ archive
Download the TAR.GZ archive.
- Unpack the archive - in the Terminal run "tar -xf archive_file".
From the unpacked folder run "./ugene -ui" (here "ui" states for "User Interface"). For example:
On a new UGENE version release, a notification will appear. However, to install the new version, it is required to manually download the package again.