Important changes in this major releases include:
- Multi-line Sequence View: A new mode for wrapping sequences in the Details View was added.
- Multiple Alignment: Replacing of characters was added. Click Shift+R on a character to enter the replacement mode, input another character.
- Proteins: Loading of chain names from PDB files was corrected.
- Usability: Inversion of annotations selections was improved.
- Distributed Annotation System (DAS) features were removed, as DAS services are going to retire at the end of the year.
- Windows XP support was restored.
- Enhancement of the clipboard support in the Sequence View and the Alignment Editor.
- Bug fixes and minor interface improvements.