Important changes in this major releases include:
- Sequence View: Visibility of the Sequence View subviews (Overview, Zoom View, Details View) can be configured using new buttons on the Sequence View toolbar.
- Multiple Alignments: A region of an alignment can now be copied in the RichText (HTML) format.
- NGS: The SPAdes de novo assembler was updated to 3.6.0 version.
- Usability: Ctrl+V in the Project View was supported. Pasting of data into UGENE was further improved. In particular, you can now paste file using its URL.
- In silico PCR: a possibility to include annotations to the extracted PCR product was added.
- Sequence View: exporting of a sequence image was improved. It is now possible to export the Details View and the Zoom View separately in different formats, including SVG.
- Optimizations of big data processing in UGENE.